dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

daytrip to Berkeley, Kitty's feelings

Yesterday I wanted to go to Berkeley, so we did. We went to Indian food for lunch then Tara's for organic ice cream. I got Earl Gray and Strawberry Rose. Erik got Cardamom and Bay Laurel. I think my favorite of all four was Bay Laurel, but we loved all of them.

Then we went to Tilden Park and I wrote two letters to loved ones in my journal in green ink. Then we went to the pier and walked by the water. It was cold, and I'd made the mistake of wearing shorts. People were surfing with sails on their surfboards. I don't know what that's called.

Then we tried to go to Flaco's for the first time, which is vegan Mexican, but it was closed! So we went to Cha Ya for vegan Japanese instead. I got sushi. Erik got curry udon soup.

When we got home, we went to bed, and Kitty was sniffing my legs and ankles and feet. I felt his nose on my skin. Then he was rubbing his face on my toes. Then he bit me! He never bites, so I was so surprised. It didn't hurt, though. I guess it was just a nip.

At some time in the night I woke up to the sensation of Kitty's nose on my foot again. One of my feet had got out from under the blankets. I quickly moved it back under the blankets.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home