dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, December 04, 2010

bookmaking

I think I forgot to tell you about bookmaking at the library on Wednesday night--I made three small journals. Today we're going to do some bookmaking at my friend H's place. I have some ideas to make more small journals. I actually like to make small journals and write letters in them. Long letters. If the recipients want to keep the letters, they are in cute booklet form.

Right now Erik's at an REI sale with his friend P. He's looking for backpacking stuff and might spend up to $200.

Last night Kitty was demonic. Our sleep was interrupted over and over again by his howls. Erik's the primary nighttime caretaker, so I slept more than he did. Still I'm tired, and I don't know if I'll go to choir practice even if he's home with the car in time.

2 Comments:

  • At December 04, 2010 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like to make journals too but I just started. Bookmaking sounds really cool. It would be neat to make fake books that actually you could hide things inside.

    REI is super expensive, but maybe the sale makes it like average retail prices.

    ---MC

     
  • At December 04, 2010 12:15 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi, MC! I got the journal you made me that Jen sent with her last letter. Thank you!

    I've read about getting a thick book and using an exacto knife or whatever and cutting out a box inside the pages so you could hide stuff in it. I have always been interested in doing that but never have.

    Erik triumphed at REI. I will blog about his finds.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home