dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

raspberry cordials

Yesterday M was coming to see me, but she called at 10:30 to say she forgot, and if she left then, it wouldn't make sense because she would have to turn back around and come home so soon (she lives 45 minutes away)--anyway, so I lost my day's plans. Erik was on his way to Consumnes to bird watch, but when I lost my plans, he asked me if I wanted to go, and to make a long story short, we went to Berkeley instead.

But on the way to Berkeley, we stopped in Fairfield and saw M and her boyfriend for lunch. She and her bf have been together for 11 years, but I'd never met him. She had told me he's a ham, and she described him well. He seems very nice.

So that was stressful--we had Chinese food. I was quiet.

Then we went to Tilden Park, and it was cold and damp. Erik went out on trails while I sat at a picnic table and worked on a letter and Christmas cards. We weren't in the best mood. We were sad, feeling weighted down by responsibilities and work. December SAT starts Thursday. Then work work work until Christmas. Then Erik has to start calling in for jury duty right after Christmas.

I got a craving for raspberry cordials, a kind of candy I had when I was a teenager--it's chocolate spheres with sweet raspberry liquid inside. They're so good! I don't know where I would find them in person, but online, shipping's about $8. A place like Cost Plus World Market might have them--not sure.

Today Erik's working outside the home--he has a four day job. I've done some housework and sent some mail. It feels good to accomplish things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home