dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bay day

Yesterday we went to Mt Tam. Erik hiked while I wrote letters. I walked out with him almost a mile on a trail that was mostly flat and ran alongside a beautiful creek. At the trail head there was a crazy wind. I sat at a picnic table writing, vaguely worried that a branch would blow off a tree and knock me in the head.

Then we went to the top of the mountain and took the mini-hike to the peak. It was so crowded. The way up was okay, but the way down was bad. I felt rushed, but some places on the trail were really rocky, and I was unsure of my footing, but people were coming up behind us and the trail got narrow and tons of people were coming up the mountain as we went down...

Then we went to Stinson Beach. We stayed for only a short time because I'd had a lot of sun. We sat in the dry sand and looked out at the waves. It was crowded there too, but no one was bumping into me, so I was okay.

Then we went to Berkeley for dinner. The food was delicious, but I was frazzled. We sat near the place where people order and it was fun to hear all the orders.

Then Erik drove us home, and I stayed awake. It was a full, rich day. Today I'm seeing my friend P--she's supposed to call this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home