dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 13, 2011

tiny fish thoughts

Erik really likes these crackers called Wasa flat bread. They have rosemary in them. They have delicious little flakes of salt on them.

Today I talked on the phone with my best friend A. I thought it was for about two hours, but when we got off the phone, I looked, and it had been an hour and 28 minutes. It's her dad's birthday, and there was a lot of activity going on at her house. He's 62. She was making a special sweet espresso slushy drink that needed to be stirred every half hour.

Today we went to our friend P's place to return some backpacking equipment to him. I listened to them talk about backpacking stuff, and Erik told the story of his treacherous river crossing.

Just a little while ago I did a survey about smoking. I smoked for eight years and pray to god I never will again. I think the chance is nil. Anyway, I don't know who was paying for the survey--big tobacco or some anti-smoking organization--I think the latter.

I'm having trouble sustaining thoughts. My thoughts are like quick tiny fish that get away, slip through holes in the net or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home