dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 17, 2013

ant ideas

Today we saw our friend P.  We sat in his friend's backyard in the sun and talked.  It was 62 degrees out, which I correctly guessed.  He was reading a book by Neil Young.  We talked about his time as a ranger at Mesa Verde.  He told us about the people who fainted on his tour. 

Once when I was teaching at UCI, I was walking to class and a girl who was walking in front of me started to faint.  I caught her.  She lay down for a while, and she called her boyfriend on her cellphone.  Her boyfriend seemed like a total putz. 

I have this chocolate my mom gave me for Christmas.  It's Godiva, a brand I'd never had before.  It's 85% and so delicious.  Ming spotted an ant and told it, "Go home to your brethren and tell them there's no food here.  All there is is just white paint."  I decided to finish my chocolate before the ant found it.  But maybe there's not enough sugar to interest the ant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home