dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, September 21, 2013

fun with parents

Last night I dreamt of arguing with someone about God.  I said, "You think God is some white guy up in the sky sitting like this and making judgements about us."  The person I was arguing with was indignant.  Later in the fight she said she thought God was blue. 

Yesterday was my birthday.  Mom said my age was traumatic for her.  I was feeling pretty good about my age until she said that.  They put the full number of candles on my cake, and I thought I was going to be able to blow them all out, but it took three tries.  I forgot to make a wish. 

Last night we were up talking (Ming and me and parents) until after 11, way past out bedtimes.  But it was good to be together.  I had wanted to play cards, but maybe another time.  Dad left the tv off, which was great for me. 

Today: maybe lunch out, maybe apple tasting at Gopher Glenn, maybe the beach. 

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home