dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 30, 2013

up

I am up in the middle of the night.  I was not sleeping, thinking about the meetings and someone who hurt my feelings.  We went to bed early though Catholic Worker doesn't serve Monday or Tuesday mornings so we don't need to be up at 6.  I feel restless.

I wish I had something fun to tell you.  Yesterday my friend P called.  It was good to hear from an old friend.  Ming and I will be back in Sacramento for Durga puja, but we won't be there for practices.  I know the songs already, but I will be rusty, especially for a difficult one.  Ming doesn't know the songs, but he can still sit with the choir and sing vespers songs.

Yesterday we forgot to buy bread.  We forgot to buy some veggies too.  We looked at the mushrooms, but they looked bad.  This grocery store's produce is erratic.  I feel like making curried greens with beans.  Maybe we'll go back to the store tomorrow while running other errands and I can pick up ingredients.  I need to deposit a birthday check and buy stamps. 

But you don't need to know my errands.  We ate all the wafer cookies. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home