dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, January 06, 2014

Swami food

This morning we went to William Pond Park.  It was fun to be by the river.  It was beautiful out, and I liked the nature.  I'd missed it.

Then we visited Swami.  He had us sit with him in his office, which is a nice place.  We talked for about ten minutes.  He offered us food and drink.  I said, "No, I don't need anything." 

He said, "Why not?" 

We laughed.  He asked if we had eaten breakfast.  He wanted to know what our breakfast had been.  He thinks leftover mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy is a silly breakfast, apparently!  He gave us pie and some delicious garbanzo beans. 

Something with my health insurance was resolved--I called. 

At 1 in the afternoon, I went to women's center and we made some touchstones, they were called.  They're pieces of round, flat glass with a word underneath.  They were fun to make--I made four.  The words I chose were family, thank you, open, and joy.  Maybe I'll post pics tomorrow.

I had to leave early because there was a conference call at 2.  The box person wouldn't give me a little box to take my stones home with me.  They were still drying.  So I walked all the way home with the stones on my left hand which I held out flat.  I guess I looked weird, but nobody said anything.

The conference call went long.  I didn't say anything the whole time, so no one would have known if I had hung up.  Maybe I shoulda hung up.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home