dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 27, 2014

fun

Yesterday we had writers group at Coffee Garden.  It was so pleasant there I didn't want to leave.  I wrote two poems I liked.  It was kind of hot, on the back patio, but there was a breeze.

I baked cookies, some of my favorite cookies to bake: chewy chocolate raspberry cookies, which are vegan. 

And we did bread pickup in the evening for Food Not Bombs.  It was too hot by then, and I suffered because of our lack of air conditioning.

Oh, and we went to farmers market in the morning, the Oak Park one we can walk to.  It was fun to buy some organic pluots and organic strawberries and say hi to the farmers. 

Our friend drove by in her convertible VW bug and saw us walking and talked to us for a minute.  It was good to see her.  She's the one we keep trying to have lunch at our favorite vegan place, Anna's Vegan Cafe.

I always have the eggplant tofu in black bean sauce for $4.95.  It even comes with a cup of soup and a spring roll and rice.  What a deal!  It's a lunch special.

Now we're trying to figure out what to do.  We have nothing on the calender for today, and nothing tomorrow except tutoring at 10 am.  So we could have some fun and are deciding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home