dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 02, 2015

pretend sour cream

I'm going to make some Hungarian mushroom soup later, and I thought I'd make some pretend sour cream so I wouldn't have to buy sour cream, and I happened to have a cup of raw cashews, so I soaked them overnight.

The blender we have is not so good.  But Ming helped me--I'd just cut my thumb opening the bottle of apple cider vinegar.

http://www.food.com/recipe/cashew-sour-cream-non-dairy-sour-cream-alternative-substitute-204512

This morning we walked to the co-op for an onion and ended up getting $15 worth of groceries, but it's anti-depression Friday so we got a good deal.  Everything's a bonus 10% off on first Fridays.

I'm binding zines, writing notes, and enjoying life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home