dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 07, 2015

vegan almond chicken

When I was a little kid, I did not like Chinese food.  Then when I was a teenager, I stated liking it.  I liked almond chicken.

Then last week we got some zucchini in a food donation.  So I decided to try to make some vegan almond chicken.  I couldn't find a recipe that was like the one I had as a kid.

But I marinated some tofu and made something like this.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1045769

The best thing about it was the crunchable almonds on top.  The worst thing about it was the way the tofu seemed kind of raw.  It had a good flavor but not a good texture.

I ended up using yellow squash instead of zucchini (the recipe I link to above doesn't even have zucchini in it).  I added mushrooms, which was a nice touch.  I didn't dredge the tofu--I didn't broil the tofu.  I just tried to saute it in earth balance--fail.  I left too much of the marinade in, and it didn't saute really.

Overall I give the dish I made a solid C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home