dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, October 23, 2015

tempeh problems, the neighbor's sudden disappearance, the nature of California

I had tempeh problems.  I was sauteing it in olive oil, and then it would start smoking.  I had cut it into cubes.  But little particles fell off the cubes.  So the particles were cooking in the oil but the cubes were not.  It was frustrating.  Then cubes browned a little bit.  I gave up.

I made some pumpkin peanut sauce to go on the soba noodles and tempeh.  It was cold.  The noodles were cold because I rinsed them.  I was unprepared for a cold meal.

But the flavors were good.  Our friend King R came over to chop veggies today.  He did onions and carrots.  It took a long time.  We still need to do garlic.  And cook all the spaghetti squash.

"Hunger is the best spice," King R said.  I had heard it, "Hunger is the best relish," but I get the idea.  So he thinks the spaghetti squash with sauce will be good.  I'm trying to trust him.

Meanwhile, someone moved out of Freedom House today.  I wish I had been nicer.  I gave him the cold shoulder, I guess, because of how he talked on speakerphone in the courtyard early in the mornings.  And I didn't like him walking around shirtless either.

He's gone to California.  That's a big state, and it weirds me out when people refer to it that way.  California is so big that you have to go to a specific part of it, not it as a whole.  At least that's what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home