dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, December 20, 2015

food not bombs

We got some donations--frozen cooked garbanzo beans and lentils.  Collard greens.  Carrot shreds.  I decided to make a soup out of all those things.

It seemed good but I thought some canned diced tomatoes would really pull it together.  So Ming went on a tomato run.

I put some onions and garlic, some better then bouillon, some salt, some paprika and cayenne.  I think I seasoned it pretty well.

And it turned out delicious.  The more I ate, the more I liked.  It was pretty salty.  But it was good.

I also made rice.  Our brown rice source dried out, so we bought rice, white rice, and it turned out great too.  I seasoned it with chili powder, garlic, onions, salt.  I forgot to put in the canned peas.  No worries--next time.

I worked on a new functionally ill.  Ming and JR went to serve the food at the park.  Someone's coming over at 3 for coffee and to talk about NDE.  Someone's got the lawn mower motor scooter going back and forth in front of our house over and over again.  Just another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home