dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, January 09, 2016

up

Today has been strange--I woke up early with Ming (5:15 am) and we served the hungry.  Well, we had had a friend stay overnight.  So we brought him with us.  There were 18 girl scouts with many parents there, so it was an incredible amount of volunteers.

I served jalapenos.  But I wasn't given a full container to begin with.  Serving jalapenos is hard on my body--I hold the container with my left arm and scoop with my right.  It twists me up.

Then we had a meeting.  Then our houseguest was watching news clips on his computer.  Then we went for a walk around the neighborhood.

Then we had another less formal meeting.  I got a hold of some good information.

Then our houseguest left, and the meeting friend left, but then another friend showed up.  He was here to chop veggies.  Ming made him coffee, and we shared some lentils and rice with him, and then I made garlic toast for us all.  It was good.

Then my mom texted me a bunch of times but I had my ringer turned off, so I missed them.

This whole time, the handyperson was going in and out of our house, doing who knows what.

Tonight's political prisoner letter writing night.  I need to see if we have enough cards.  I feel used up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home