dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 03, 2016

kombucha brewing

A monk is staying at our house in M's old room.  I expect him to emerge at any time and start talking to me.  He likes to be among people.

We're making kombucha, which is a process.  Yesterday I made too much sugared tea, so I put it in the fridge and am drinking some now.

I never made kombucha before, though Ming has.  I find it freaky.  There's an organism that makes it.  It's called a scoby.  So this living thing is in my kitchen in a crock.  I don't want to kill it.  Yet I am a little afraid of it.

Scoby is actually an acronym.  It stands for symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast.  But wikipedia says it's not an actual colony.  Wikipedia is crankypants about kombucha.

Conversation is happening in our kitchen about which I have almost no opinion--how to rearrange the lounge.  I have done almost no work in it and am not attached to it, but Ming's done a ton of work and is attached to what happens and how it ends up.

I hope you have good days, friends, and that people are or are not in your kitchen, depending on what you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home