dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, April 02, 2016

validity

I have these five tomatoes that I don't know what to do with.  I'm afraid they're gathering dust.

It made me think about the tomato plants growing out back.  When they fruit, what will we do?  I like fresh tomato sandwiches.  With salt.

There are a lot of people around who I don't know.  They are cooking in the other houses.  H came over to use our microwave for popcorn.  He teased me for not knowing what's going on with all the people.

Am I valid?  Is being super quiet a valid way to be?  How about hanging out alone in a darkish room to avoid unknown people?  How about being more comfortable writing than speaking?

I have a friend named T.  He says people are forgetting how to interact in real time and space.  He blames technology.  But letter writing has been around for a long time.  I think I'm valid.

But sometimes it hurts when I feel like I'm being looked at as bad.

Well, I'm hungry for some lunch.  I guess I'll make a tomato sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home