dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 03, 2016

improve my beans

I checked our sweet little Echo's VIN to see if she has any recalls, and she doesn't.  Yay!

I registered for an online Spanish I class at the local community college then learned it will be $423 just for the class, not even counting textbooks, and I'm like, could I just teach myself Spanish online and with a workbook, spending $423 on something else?

But it's discipline--you're playing someone to tell you what to do.

We've cooked beans & rice for Food Not Bombs this morning.  The beans are terribly dull, and I haven't tried the rice, but it's always good.  The beans are great northern beans with salt, pepper, onions, garlic, and a can of tomatoes.  Any ideas?

1 Comments:

  • At July 25, 2016 9:59 AM, Anonymous Liam said…

    Hey Laura-Marie,

    In my albeit limited experience everyone is different with language learning. Personally I think classes sometimes really help me but it's important to be able to do extra work between classes. I think sometimes classes can sort of turbo-charge your language learning.

    I've enjoyed reading your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home