dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 18, 2017

what are Mario's overalls made of?

Again, my friend never made it last night.  Again, he's promised to come today.  I wanted to go to the goddess temple early this morning but told A that I'd be home...so we're not going to the goddess temple.  I'm drinking ginger pear white tea and listening to Los Campesinos' debut album.

Yesterday we went to Fry's.  I still get a little thrill from the place.  I remember it was a mecca for my coworkers at the software store who would go to Fry's whilst visiting Los Angeles.

Wow, I never said whilst before.  What's gotten into me?

Anyway, we were looking for a couplea things.  Found them.  What was I going to tell you about that?  I was in the bathroom and missed the whole checkout process.

I have this joke I'm telling everyone but the punchline is something you need to hear, so it was a good excuse to have a phonecall with a Sacramento friend yesterday.  I had never talked with him on the phone recreationally before.  It was a trip.  We said we loved one another at the end and it felt casual and natural.  As if we had talked on the phone scores of times before.

Last night I was up late listening to the radio because A asked me to--we txted.  I called him a missionary.  I ended up writing a poem based on something they were talking about in the radioshow.  But overall my feeling is no.  The guys were, uh, too dude-ish.  They were dudes and then almost all the experts they called in were dudes, and it felt very unbalanced and like I didn't belong.

I'm here in my nightgown thinking of breakfast and feeling pleased by the coolness of morning.  And there you go--Bob's your uncle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home