dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 16, 2017

Oatman, Arizona

Well.  Yesterday we went to Oatman.  I was living on 40 minutes sleep.  I was a bit out of it, more than usual.

In Oatman some burros got our burritos in a feeding frenzy.  It was kind of traumatic for me.  After that I prettymuch avoided the wild burros that roam the streets.

I looked at some shops but got done fast.  "My tourist performance is nearing its end," I said to Ming.  I bought nothing, not even a postcard.

There was a bar with signed dollar bills covering the walls and ceiling.  Our friends drank there.  Ming had two cokes.

I sat outside by the car waiting for an hour for everyone else to be done.

Then we went to Kingman for IHOP.  My food was good.

Then we went to Chloride to look at this mural painted on these rocks.  Our friends explored and took pictures.

I prefered the plantlife.  I took some picture of these berries on a large bush.  The leaves looked like oak leaves but were not.

Then on the way home I slept a lot.  It was good.

This morning I woke up with a very sore throat.  I think I'm sick.  And that's what I get.

1 Comments:

  • At October 16, 2017 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    I am glad we, the six of us, as the Las Vegas Catholic Worker community, visited Oatman, Arizona. Sorry you were very tired after the successful potluck of the night before. The potluck was fun.

    R made breakfast burritos and unfortunately the wild burros charged us, getting half of the stash. Sorry that interaction was traumatic for you. Yeah the wild burros were very aggressive in their acquisition of food. I got a few good pictures of their attack, but don't know how to post them here on the blog. I am glad I bought some alfalfa blocks there in Oatman to feed them their appropriate foodstuffs.

    Visiting the Oatman Hotel was fun for me. We got some good pictures of the hotel and the adorning dollar bills, but again I don't know how to post the pictures here.

    I am excited we getting an engraved Catholic Worker sign for the Las Vegas Catholic Worker, from the Carving Cowboy. I wonder if he knew we were a nonprofit if he would have given us a discounted price. I hope it is additive and adjunctive to the other painted sign as can be seen here, where I could post google pictures.

    The IHOP crepes with lingonberries in Kingman, Arizona, was good. I am glad you enjoyed yours.

    The side trip to Chloride, Arizona, was good. More info about Roy Purcell's large artwork murals outside of Chloride can be read about here:
    RoadTripAmerica.com and here ChlorideArizona.info.

    I love you !

    Sorry you got such little sleep after the potluck. And I hope you are getting better and not sick.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home