dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 08, 2018

dog ignoring

I started my new environmentalist zine.  I hate that word--it's so clunky.  Such an ugly word for such a beautiful thing.

Earth loving.  Earth healing?  Earth embracing.  Earth helping? 

Well, the earth is so big.  We are so small, in a way, considering the damage we've done.

I went to a peace vigil.  I wasn't feeling it.  I talked to friends, held my sign, heard the passing vehicles honk.

Then I went to the women's support group.  We talked about friendship, trust, solidarity.  I talked about striking a balance between having an open heart and taking care of myself.  Being an introvert but loving people.  How solidarity is the goal, but people love drama and taking sides. 

People I respect so much and who I consider really smart will jump to the nearest conclusion and I'll be like, what??

My friend gave me a ride home and asked about my dad's death, so I told the story.

Then I made pasta.  It was delicious, with sun-dried tomato pesto.

Ming says I should tell you the neighborhood dogs are out of control.  They are barking like crazy.  He was listening to one at 3am. 

I try to ignore them.  Dogs will be dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home