dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, November 10, 2018

pumpkin comfort

We got this pumpkin at the pumpkin patch.  Ming intended to carve it for Halloween and never did. 

When we got it, it was covered in a net of green veins.  Over time, it's ripened to orange only.  I like it better this way. 

I asked Ming to move it where I can easily see it.  It's perfect.

This morning at the soupline I served salsa.  People love it.  I served jalapenos as well.  It worked out great--I had a table.

An acquaintance from out of town commented on a mutual friend's weight gain.  I marvelled at his idiocy.

Then we had a meeting.  It was cozy.  The offending acquaintance was relegated to the living room where he played with his phone.

Then Ming and I stopped for windmill water.

Then I made breakfast burritos with lots of broccoli.  Ming returned to the Worker to help with some children volunteers.

I wanna make split pea soup but need to chop the veg.

And that's my morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home