dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, November 03, 2018

solidarity forever

Last night I was falling asleep and started writing a poem in my head about someone who was my teacher a long time ago.  I asked Ming to bring me some paper and wrote the poem.  It was my first time writing a whole poem in quite a long time.  Felt great.  I got the idea I could write a series of poems about facebook friends I never talk to.

I picked up my skirt and there was a bug on it.  I was disgusted thinking it was a cockroach or cricket and dropped it.  Ming took my skirt to the bathroom to kill the bug and flush it down the toilet.  Turned out it was a spider.

"A black widow?" I asked.

"It had stripes," he said.

This morning I was dreaming fitful dreams about being a bad Mormon like I was going to get in trouble for my failures.  Gave up on sleep and got up early.

You can't please all the people all the time. 

I would like to believe in solidarity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home