dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

nature wins

It's really windy here.  There is a high wind advisory of 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.

The result is really loud like is a tree branch going to smash my minivan, when's the power going out, how am I supposed to sleep.

The result is like thunder.  I'm afraid of thunder--it makes me edgy and scared. 

You probably think I'm exaggerating, but the fact is, I understate things, which gets me in trouble.  I tell people how I feel and they don't get it until I'm incapacitated or can't stop crying.

Also a drunk person was knocking at our door at 12:44am.  You got the wrong room, friend.  Michael is in 105.

So the advisory tells us travel will be difficult for high profile vehicles on the pass we need to travel.  Oops.  The advisory is till 8am so hopefully the wind will die down then.

As for drunk people, they seem to be going strong.  I selfishly kissed Ming and cuddled him, so he's awake now too.

I dreamt of a huge beautiful garden--garden dream.  I used to have them often.  A garden I grew then forgot about, abandoned, and I return to find it's still growing. 

There was a raccoon* that was really important, but I didn't understand why.  I climbed to a high place and didn't know how to get down.

"Do you have any paper you're not using?" Ming asked.

"Yeah, you wanna piece of this?"  I have my list journal.  "You wanna piece of this!?"  I told him to take any sheet that didn't already have words on it.

*For me, raccoons are playful intruders.  I tell Ming, "Shut the door--you're going to let the racoons in."  Also they wash their food in moving water and have freaky pink hands.  Raccoons came into the mudroom through the cat door and ate the cat food.  You don't want them in your house.  They are urban wildlife.  Living wildness.  A reminder that nature wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home