dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, June 04, 2019

insert title here

Yesterday was so weird.  I got really angry in the morning.  I found out there was a mistake with some bureaucratic crap. 

Basically, someone else screwed up on some paperwork, so I have to spend hours taking care of it, trying to clear up their errors.  I was on the phone for hours, mostly on hold.  Finally found someone who would help me.  But she never called back yesterday afternoon to say it was resolved.  I hope she calls this morning.

It made me feel vulnerable.  How could this happen, just out of nowhere?

Fantasies of running away.  Going off grid--no ID, no health insurance, no credit card, no cell phone.  Another country, another name.

We live with a guy who's like that.  He doesn't get any mail.  No driver's license, no nothing.  It's like he's invisible.

"Do we really want to aspire to that?" Ming asked.

I feel like there are happy ways to do it.  Huge garden, maybe chickens, collecting rainwater, solar panels on the roof.  It doesn't have to have a sneaking around attitude.  It could have a joyful attitude.

I mentioned running away to a friend.  She told me there's nowhere to go--she's tried.

But maybe that's the kind of thing I would need to experience for myself.  I used to have those fantasies about taking over an abandoned cocoa farm in Mexico. 

Then I was remembering how much earlier, 20 years ago, I used to want to move to Baja.  I read The People's Guide to Mexico and was charmed.

It's starting to get hot, but I have a positive attitude about June still.  We can do this.

2 Comments:

  • At June 04, 2019 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi...

    I sometimes feel like running away. I think I would go to Russia or South America. I have a fantasy of roaming freely. Create a new identity. My partner could come with me. I might move to the Bay Area and bake cookies. Or move to Mount Fuji and make origami whales. There is a concept known as vagabonding. “I’m leaving on a jet plane”.

     
  • At June 05, 2019 6:38 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    yes, feels good to believe we're free.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home