dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Good Hair by Guest Blogger

Finally the ceiling of the Nevada Desert Experience Office has been repaired. Thank you P.

The NDE book collection is almost finished being catalogued and now looks like a library that is nearing accessibility. Thank you Mr. B.

Yesterday while being in the parking lot of a Panda Express, I was spanged by a woman who was Black. She wanted a dollar for the bus. I gave her $1 while she talked:

"You have beautiful hair. I want to touch it but I don't want you to get pissed off at me as I need the $1" she explained.

I thought during that encounter, that I would never have imagined to reach out to touch someone's hair then recalled from the movie Good Hair that it is a thing not to do to Black people unless invited to touch their hair. Do Black people reach out where as I as an Asian American would not ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home