dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 16, 2020

no borders


Hey, I wanna be this cranky cook, and if I can't, I'll be the weird-eyed white lady or her sidekick.


Or I could be these inquisitive children, or the happy corn lady, or the dazzled pretty eater in a blue headthing.  What you can't see is what the kids are marveling at--a plate of tamales.  I wanted to get in this picture the strawberry cactus fruit stand, can't remember why.


This kid caught my eye originally, more realistic than the cartoonish people, and the butterflies of freedom, and the local strawberries.


I asked Ming if the blue-haired, half-naked fountain folk were ok, and he said yes.  The clownish elder, not so sure.


Basically this is my favorite mural ever.  Sorry, Diego.  Who ever put lichen into a mural?  My hero!  I got the phone number of the painter and am trying to get the guts to call and ask for zine art.

It's at the Efren's in Santa Maria, California on Blosser and Skyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home