dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

excitement

This morning the front right tire looked low, so we decided we should go to the gas station rather than our walk. So we got gas so the air would be free. Life felt so real and right. The wind was whipping my skirt around me, the cloudy sky looked so full of promise, and I thought it was such a shame to go home to read and write all day, and Erik to go score Arizona for $10.50 an hour. What a waste of youth, health, and life. So we toyed with the idea of just driving to Santa Cruz to talk all day. But as you can see, I'm home.

The construction is so loud today, but I have a book I really like Toast by Nigel Slater. It's a memoir with food and sexuality. His feelings for food are so intense. And he grew up in England in the 50s or 60, it looks like, so I have very few similar foods, but it doesn't matter.

Husband insult of the day (after it took him five minutes to get ready):
You women are all the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home