dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, March 24, 2006

fake titles to Algerian music

Erik likes to entertain himself making up fake titles for Algerian music, and this one's called "No Health Insurance for So-Called Adjunct Faculty is Bullshit." Another is "Guess Who Colonized Our Country. Then I Moved There, and All I Got Is This Lousy Unemployment. How Jacked Is That?"

"I don't know what this one's called," he said. "I think it's called 'I Tried One of Those New Motorized Toothbrushes, But I Got Really Dizzy.'" Maybe this is funnier if you can hear the songs.

I was on the phone with a Special Someone and talking about idealizing people. I told her how Robyn once gave me a paper clip that I kept for four years. It was so embarassing that I didn't want Erik to know that. But he does, now. I'm pushing the envelope of marriage.

It looks like "colon-ized." Are you sure there aren't two l's?

I said, "Rolf Harris is goofy--don't put Rolf Harris on there." He wanted to put on some schoohouse rock, which I adamantaly denied. "It would be funny the first time. But you want this to be a tape he can spend a a lifetime with!"

3 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2006 9:20 PM, Blogger redbird said…

    Erik's titles for those songs are funny!

    I bet you're not the only one who keeps Robyn's paperclips. I think her fingertips must have some magical oils in them, rubbing off on the things she has to touch everyday.

    Plus, giving paperclips is such a kindness. I really can't take paperclips for granted. They are amazing and it is no fun to be out of them, so giving them to others is quite generous (I gave away paperclips to my students--colored paperclips that I had used for years, and now they are in new hands--it is a bit emotional).

    My mom even keeps rusty paperclips from the 70's. Her sense of frugality got transfered to me, only I tend to translate economy into specialness.

    Paperclips are special. And so is Robyn. Keeping one is nothing to be embarrassed about.

     
  • At March 27, 2006 9:24 PM, Blogger redbird said…

    Last night I realized that the word "scarcity" looked like "scar-city." And I supposed scarcity would leave a city scarred.

    You could totally colonize like this:

    ::::::::::::::::::::
    ::::::::::::::::::::
    ::::::::::::::::::::

     
  • At April 24, 2006 12:05 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I used to fantasize about copper paperclips. Erik told me how to spell that. I thought it would be fantacise.

    Yeah, I know, everyone worships Robyn, I should not be embarassed.

    I throw away the rusty ones. I don't get your colonizing ASCII.

    I think "Translate economy." would be a nice imperative sentence. Erik told me how to spell that. I thought it was imparative.

    love, LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home