dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, April 03, 2006

the argument

We have this fight when I get pissed off that he's been doing the same things to piss me off for six years.

"I never should have gotten together with you! You were never ready!"
"No, I wasn't ready. But I would have died."
"Maybe you should have died!"
"But we belong together."
"You're a child! You don't belong with anybody!"

That's when I started laughing and couldn't stop. And he started crying. Argument broke down into a hugging conversation and reconciliation on the living room floor. Then we went to bed, listened to the rain, and talked ourselves into sleep-deprivation. But I get to nap at my convenience, while he has to score papers about where kids go to be alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home