dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, April 14, 2006

plans

I'm so excited Wah! is going to be in San Francisco next weekend, and I want to go see her so bad, and Erik will let me. I'm trying to figure out which show--probably the Sunday afternoon will be best for driving reasons.

And it's so nice all these people from my past saying hi through myspace. I've been chatting with this guy who I don't think I ever had a conversation with during high school, but he was always just there, and he was a runner, and my best friend was a runner, so we had peeps in common. Nowadays, he's very nice. It comforts me, this reassurance from the past.

I looked through everyone 29 - 35 who went to my high school and saw SO MANY guys in military uniforms, and even more women with babies. Not that there's anything wrong with babies. But it's clear what the people my age from my hometown are up to, and I'm so not doing the same things. Oh, also, guys with their trucks. "Hi, here's me and my truck. I'm buff." I shouldn't speak so ill of the dumb.

P and I had a long chat last night, and he was telling me about Mormon history and some war and this and that.

Yeah, they went down to Mexico and got a bunch of pot.
What did they do with it?
They did what everyone does with it!

I was saying probably the women were not allowed to smoke, and he was saying they had to cook, clean, take care of the kids, and roll the joints.

He was applying for ranger jobs three years, and I'm so happy he finally got one. We're going to help him move some stuff into his van. He's moving the weekend we're going to be in Santa Maria, so we're going to help him the Friday before. It's sad he's leaving, but we saw him only rarely, and I can care for him from any distance.

My scoring stats are the best I've ever had, and I got kicked out the other day to messenging, and it brought a tear to my eye, the earnestness of their thankings. They give a bonus for, um, what do you call it, accuracy. So this thanking isn't empty. Either this is an easy prompt, I'm lucking out, or I've developed a psychic link with the rangefinding committe. Hopefully the latter, so it will last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home