dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 05, 2006

not getting pregnant

Appointments mean little, at the women's health clinic. The difficult thing was the country music playing in waiting room #3. Seeing as country music is generally for white people, and nobody in there was white except one person, I wanted to orchestrate a vote, Who here would like the radio off? But I was too shy and kept reading.

I got a three month perscription for the progrestin-only birth control pill called Nora-BE which will not worsen my high blood pressure, is the idea. So we went to Longs to drop the perscription off, went to Kitty's vet to get his some flea medication, and then back to Longs to get the birth control. The worker asked, "Would you like to speak with the pharmacist about this medication?" and seemed surprised when I said yes. I am not scared to talk about birth control with strangers, and I wish all people would talk about birth control, in public and without hushing their voices, so it can lose its embarassingness.

I decided my time to take it every day would be high noon, so I'm not starting until tomorrow.

Erik missed training on Arizona during CBEST scoring, so it looks like he might be laid off the grading facotry for a while. He hopes it lasts until SAT scoring starts so he can rack up the hours at home at the higher rate of pay.

It's warm but not hot. We're close to using the air conditioner but not letting ourselves quite yet. I feel edgy and aggitated. Lots going on, and I'm behind on everything. I've been writing a letter to my friend Cathleen for more than a month. So far there are five installments. That's the perfect microcosm of how I've been feeling: a day late and a dollar short. But maybe I can really catch up this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home