dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, May 06, 2006

two good things

Two things are making me happy. The first is some chamomile blooming in a pot of dirt on my balcony. Old seeds, did they just come in on the air? Did a neighbor want to surprise me? A gift from god? Anyway, I didn't plan them there!

The other is that I sent a zine to someone who's in jail for ecoterrorism and she wrote me a letter back! A real, interesting, articulate letter! And in it, she told me she read my poem "addict's mind" to the other women in her pod, and some of them said they liked it. So maybe I helped people. She said almost everyone's in there for drugs.

We're having a nice, warm day. We're eating rice with vegetables, which is good eats. All those veggies my mom bought me last weekend, lots of mushrooms.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home