dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 12, 2006

whole earth

This evening we drove to Davis to attend a portion of the Whole Earth Festival. It was fun though crowds freak me out. We ate some good tempeh pita sandwiches and delicious garlic fries and drank some lemonade.

Then we got lost looking for the correct stage and eventually found the reason we came, which was a little kirtan concert with fire dancers. There was too much talking, not enough chanting, but I kind of liked the part where they had us come within the roped-off dancing area and do a dance together. And I liked the Indian cookies at the end.

This festival is cool because there are solar panels set up to fuel the sound equipment, and all the food is served on real dishes to be washed by UC Davis cafeterias. There's different recycling and composting bins. They have the goal of being no-waste. I really like the idea.

I got dehydrated and am drinking a lot of water. I've been having some nice conversations online and networking with more zine-makers. Still looking for my dream-distro....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home