dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, May 08, 2006

too many questions

I finally got ahold of someone at the yoga farm where I went to that kirtan last week, and I had a list of questions. I am a curious person and like to know who I'm associating with. I asked away, and I freaked out the worker a bit. About question five she asked if I was a reporter and got hostile. I didn't think my questions were so odd, but maybe they've had bad experiences?

It's more a business than an ashram, it's been there 12 years, she told me the names of the person who runs it and the gray-white haired guy who led the kirtan, they're not affiliated with a larger organization, and beyond that, I would need to come in for a meditation class if I would like to know more! She tried to get me to agree to a particular meditation class, and I balked.

It all felt quite unpleasant. So I don't think I will return. Seems like these are some new-agers who are just doing their own thing for profit. Which is not bad in the scheme of things--worse things are done for profit! But since they have no credentials, and from what I felt about the gray-white haired dude, I don't plan to return. It's not a convenient location anyway.

We went to the co-op for water and to the library. Erik's excited about this course on Byzantium that he got the library to buy. Yay for him. I had to return The Language of Baklava for the second time. Someone or someones are having a hold war with me! It's the best book but slow-going--the library should have ordered more than one. So I will get on the list again.

Erik's chopping veggies for dinner. It's hot, and today might be the official First Day of Air Conditioning Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home