dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 20, 2006

troubles

This morning we were lying in bed--Erik was asleep and I was half asleep when suddenly I realized I had a doctor's appointment and said, "Crap! What time is it!" We were fine.

So I went to the doctor for a little oppression: she chided me for gaining 3 pounds. The thing is that I think the "nurse" who weighed me rounded--I gained more like 2 pounds, which I don't see as a real problem.... She chided me and patted my shoulder at the same time. I hate my doctor, who is not a real doctor. No mention of the fact the my blood pressure was great (my blood pressure being the whole reason I was there) even though I hadn't taken Lisinopril for a few months because my perscription had run out.

Insulting fat people is going to do nothing but keep fat people from going to the doctor when we need to. I wish I wasn't so shy or I would have said something. I also wish I could just let it go, but it goes on the pile of things I'm angry about.

Also on the pile is those creeps in the RV who have been camping at the Dairy Queen right by our apartment complex. Yesterday afternoon there was a yelling, barking altercation with bad words and loud noises. "Will you call 911?" someone asked, but I don't think anyone did.

At any rate, the RV is stil there today. I tried calling the Dairy Queen twice this morning to complain, but no one answered, and I don't even know what to say--I guess ask them if they gave those RVers permission to be there and if so for how long. Help.

I applied for a job today, an editing job in the bay area. I actually feel pretty qualified for this one. So we'll see.

3 Comments:

  • At July 20, 2006 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In an era of people suing fast food restaurants for making them obese, doctors are probably just trying to cover their butts....

     
  • At July 21, 2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Adee said…

    Home suppossed to be a peacefull and quite place to get rest. I don't like sound pollution annoying my home either.I'm going get crazy...
    Anyway, good luck to you application.

     
  • At July 23, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Dr. Watson said…

    Since you found your way to my blog area, I thought I'd check yours out as well (hope that's okay!) And the part about the doctor resonated with me...more recently when I go and the doctor says something about my weight (i need to lose some weight, as if this wasn't blatantly obvious to me every waking moment) it has started to make me cry, mostly out of frustration. That seems to work well to get them to lay off, at least for a while :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home