dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

what Wednesday is for

I got a Belle and Sebastian CD from the library and listened to two songs so far this morning. It's Push Barman to Open Old Wounds.

Erik and I listened to the introduction of a translation of The Tibetan Book of the Dead involving our admired and trusted Trungpa Rinpoche. Read by Richard Gere.

I'm reading Never Hit a Jelleyfish with a Spade, and it's funny.

Today's only supposed to hit 102, but Saturday's supposed to hit 111.

I had a nice cheese sandwich on Acme herb bread. I'm eating salted sunflower seeds, which are wonderfully delicious.

Erik's feeling unstructured about his unemployment. This morning I wrote some book reviews and a poem "the power struggle stage of an adult relationship."

Yesterday we went to the craft store looking for beeswax for soap making, but all they had was a huge brick super-expensive packaged for candle making, and all I need is about four tablespoons of it--the worker said I should try a beading store. I feel craft stores are making a killing, marking up these raw materials as high as they can, so that making your own is no longer even thrifty. I would need to keep my own bees....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home