dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 16, 2006

just a regular day

Today I was reading about the person who burned himself to death recently in Chicago to protest the war. It's both depressing and interesting--I went to his website to read the "mission statement" he wrote.

SAT scoring's supposed to end today. Saturday morning workers are coming to weatherize our apartment for free. We have lots of errands to run and things to do, and Erik might go hiking this weekend, one of the days, with his friend T.

I got together a submission this morning, of nine small poems to a small journal that does poems ten lines or less. I got some zines together to send out to some people who requested them. It's overcast and cool. This morning I walked to the nearest mailbox to send some mail--a birthday card, bills, some zines--and slipped in mud on the way home, did not hurt myself. Life's quiet when that's news.

Trying to perfect my eggless egg salad recipe. Today's version was a little bland but still good. The previous try was over-spiced, which is why I went the other way this time. Maybe I should just make it bland and rely on nice crackers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home