dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, November 12, 2006

my homemade address book, the necessity of miso

A year or two ago I made myself an address book out of grocery bag paper. It was bound with three staples. But today the cover / outermost page started coming loose, so I took out the staples and redid the binding, this time with thread, a total grown-up type of binding that real artists use. I'm stoked. But I didn't use a needle--I used an awl. It looks pretty good, and I think it will last for a long time.

I'm very fond of the thick brown paper of grocery bags. I have all my addresses and phone numbers in pencil so I can erase and since the paper's so thick and sturdy it's very forgiving. I'm not accepting any more friends whose last names start with W, S, M, or G. I have room for one more T. Ha ha ha.

Today I spoke on the phone with my Special Someone, which is enough to make any day Special. I went to worship in the morning and vespers at night. Erik scored a lot of SAT. Kitty was moody, demanding, and confusing. I've been weepy but okay.

I made some seaweed soup for my dinner. It was a good try but a little bland. I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that miso is no longer optional. I need to read up and accept miso into my life.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home