dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

religious restaurant's wastefulness I participated in

We got a postcard in the mail from a fast food place called Chick-fil-A, a coupon for a free chicken sandwich, and we were hungry and decided to buy one on the way to the co-op. We did the drivethru, and it was good--we split it--but we would never buy fast food. I warned Erik beforehand, "Even if this if the most delicious chicken sandwich you've ever eaten, you will never have one again." He said that would not be a problem seeing as he's mostly vegetarian.

It has pickles in it, is the strange thing--chicken and pickles. It was really good but not what our bodies want us to eat. The outrage-thing was the five packets of ketchup the drivethru worker added to our bag. We didn't want even one, let alone five. And I didn't count the napkins, but at least those can live in the glovebox and serve as tissues. My point is the incredible amount of waste, how much trash is created, all for the convenience of it.

Then at the co-op, we ran into my dear friend A, and made lunch plans for the weekend. It was wonderful to block an aisle chatting, after startling her with my "excuse me, ma'am." I recognized her from the back, her very distinctive wild red hair and distinctive slouching gait.

SAT scoring session's supposed to end way early, so we can be people again soon. I have choir practice tonight and plans tomorrow night too, happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home