dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, December 08, 2006

Bjork, ELIZA, and me

I was reading about a Bjork song I like, "Possibly Maybe," and was surprised to see that it was the first sad song she ever did, and she was ashamed of it. I was also surprised to learn that it was supposed to be country. That explains the anomalous slide guitar. Anyway, it's the current song at my myspace, so go there to hear it, if you'd like.

http://www.myspace.com/lauramarietaylor

I was chatting with my friend Saint--he's the only friend I chat with, and it's only on myspace because I don't have an instant messenger program--and I told him that chatting makes me feel funny, like Eliza. He didn't know who that is, and here's another link if you would like to see.

http://www-ai.ijs.si/eliza-cgi-bin/eliza_script

I have been playing with Elizas since I was a child. I told Erik about all of this, and he said chatting makes me feel like I'm trying to pass a Turing Test. We laughed for a long time. Yes, I do work hard to pass as human.

Usually when Erik calls me from work, we talk about how bored he is, and how sleepy he is, and this morning it was like this.

me: I believe in your boredom whole-heartedly and without restraint.

him: There's no need to restrain yourself in your supposition of the depth and breadth of my boredom.


Today I made a new friend named A (a friend of a friend who I've heard a lot about) who lives in New York, and I'm happy I can write her letters and send her zines, but with this SAT scoring, I get guilt issues, and certain activities fall by the wayside more than usual.

As for today, I've been writing a lot and haven't even done the dishes yet. It's supposed to rain all weekend, which I like. Erik's supposed to go hiking tomorrow--I can't remember where, though he told me--somewhere with redwoods, somewhere green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home