dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, December 09, 2006

acorn squash

Tonight it's raining nicely. I went to choir practice at the lunch hour and then saw my friend K in the afternoon. She gave me an acorn squash and another thoughtful gift which shall be unnamed (but it involves supreme milk). We Christmas shopped, talked about wonderful topics, looked at her scrapbooks, ate delicious homemade tomato soup. She is one of my favorite people in the world, and I'm so glad to have good friends in town.

At home, I cooked an acorn squash--not the one K gave me, but the previous one--and it was yucky inside, mealy, but I also cooked up the seeds. The seeds were so good. I cooked them in the microwave, with salt. It was way easier than cooking them in the regular oven would be. Three minutes.

Erik hiked today and took pictures too gorgeous for words. He and his friend T were in Muir woods. (T is the one with the Shakespeare tattoo who gives him a lot of music.) He was home earlier than I expected. Now he's making hot chocolate for himself and brown rice for our dinner since the squash didn't work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home