dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 07, 2006

productive evening

I ended up getting four zines read today, and four reviews written. I feel productive. Two of the zines are by zine-friends who I like very much, great reading, and two are by strangers and interested me less.

Anyway, I have three more to go. I feel really good about being involved in Zine World. I can review extra zines too, not just the ones that were assigned to me, and once I get the specific idiosyncratic format down, and a feel for what a 75-word limit feels like, they should go faster.

The vanilla pudding made with silken tofu turned out pretty delicious--Erik liked it too--but I think it was also expensive. It's not really home-cooking, with the mix and all. I should just make tapioca from scratch. I have a recipe using maple syrup for the sweeter around here somewhere....

But there's an organic butterscotch pudding mix I bought, made with milk, and I assume soymilk will work just fine. But Erik's been longing for the expensive cow's milk in bottles, Strauss farm, ever since I told him about the drink K gave me at her write-in party, and I don't think I'm going to be able to keep it from him much longer. Or him from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home