dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, December 11, 2006

complete Monday

Yesterday morning I wore to worship some new clothes I am in love with. I know you have never heard me say this before. But my mom gave me this beautiful dark gray skirt with beautiful black, um, decoration stuff on the bottom. It's so pretty. So I have this whole outfit to wear with a black long-sleaved shirt and these nice strange black socks my dad bought me years ago and these off-black shoes that actually belong to Erik and this charchol-gray hoodie my aunt Tina gave me years ago. I feel very pretty in these clothes.

At worship we sang Fairest Lord Jesus when Swami put the flowers on Jesus and Buddha's plates because it's December. Swami is totally cool about Christmas. He sent me and Erik a Christmas card a few days ago. I just about swooned because I had never seen his handwriting before. It's not as unusual as I thought it would be, but so nice, so nice. I want to frame the card. It's a nice art of Mary and baby Jesus. Very old Byzantine picture. Jesus doesn't look like a baby at all because you know how babies have big heads.

Today after work, my dear friend P--I know I have too many friends named P, and this initial method sucks--the one who was in Arizona for six months being a park ranger? He's coming over. Unfortunatly, the house is a cluttered mess. I'm trying to chill about it.

Also this evening is my favorite puja of the year, for Holy Mother, and so I'm excited about that. I need to go to practice before the puja, which means I might not be able to spend all the time with P that I would like, but there will be other days. As long as he doesn't get another job out of state and move again, all of a sudden, which he would actually like to do. He came back to Sacramento only after stuff fell through--he doesn't want to be in Sacramento, I'm thinking. And his poor chicken Sparky was killed by a ring tail two weeks before he left Arizona, so not a soul is holding him to the earth.

Yesterday I met an Indian musican named Binay Pathak, who I might or might not take tabla lessons from. He's flying back to India today. But when he comes back. He has a lot of personality and might be too hyper for me. I need a lot of gentleness. So we'll see. He's obviously brilliant and has a ton of tallent. It's just a question of whether we're a good match.

Last night after vespers I asked Swami if he would rather me work in the bookstore or play tabla in the choir. He said "play tabla" without a second of hesitation.

Erik's birthday is tomorrow, and I need to bake a cake. It's rainy but not raining this very moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home