dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 07, 2006

what December 7th feels like

I wrote my first review for Zine World today. It's of East Village Inky #31.

I also read anchor papers and calibrated and started scoring SAT, for a session started today.

Yesterday, we made pizza. I did all the prep (like chopping mushrooms, onions, bell pepper) and the crust, and then Erik did the actual assembling and baking while I was at choir practice. Pizza is really good.

I have been longing for pudding for approx three years. So today I finally made some, the kind where you mix tofu with this packet of sugar and flavors. It's vanilla pudding, and we will see if it's any good tonight.

Last night I wrote a poem that I think's going to be called "experiment" but it has a nasty tone, so maybe it belongs on the cider apple heap.

Very cold here today and a weird grayness near the horizon like there's a fire or the smog has gotten way worse all of a sudden.

2 Comments:

  • At December 07, 2006 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was a sign at the front gate of my apartment warning residents to "leave your heat on and leave faucets dripping." So are you actually teaching now? I could never have the patience to teach. Valves and compressors don't cry when you start yelling at them.

     
  • At December 07, 2006 7:56 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Dear Steve,

    No, I taught for six and a half years, but now I just score standardized tests. I never yelled at my students, but they at times yelled at me, and I was the one crying. Which is a main reason I quit.

    Well, it's not that cold here. I meant cold, uh, relatively.

    Laura-Marie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home