dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

the whole world is your own

Today I got through to unemployment, and the worker and I communicated well--learning to understand his thick accent was a pleasure. I have a benefit, and it will almost pay rent, which is helpful.

I spoke with the new mechanic, and he says something needs to be fixed that will cost $1000, but it's not pressing, and he's just going to disconnect it for now, which is fine, and change the oil--so we'll have the car back this evening. He remains incredibly nice, and when we talk, he feels like a friend. Is this how the mechanic / driver relationship can be?

Listening to the squirrels play on the roof (it's quiet today). We're going through the Vedanta oranges quickly. I'm incredibly grateful for the beautiful fruit, and true friends who are encouraging me today with warm, caring emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home