dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 12, 2007

firefox doesn't know what tahini is

This morning I went to Vedanta and pulled weeds for 45 minutes or so, just long enough to get something done but not long enough to overdo it. I plan to go back tomorrow to finish the area I was working on, maybe bringing Erik, because he's about to score out of his current project today, which means a period of unemployment, which we've been looking forward to. He plans to look for a real job in earnest.

There's some road work happening on our street, with jackhammers. It's loud. The noise is making me cranky.

Last night we took Myers-Briggs tests. I'm still INFJ. We found out Erik's INFP. I thought he would be INTJ. But I'm a little sketchy on the difference between a P and a J. A lot of my friends are INFPs, so I guess it makes sense.

I've been looking at my vegan cookbooks for good vegan foods to make. Last night I tried a recipe for rice balls. I was lacking one ingredient--
tahini--and used creamy peanut butter instead. Also, I was supposed to use short grain brown rice, but I ended up using long grain brown rice, I think. So I didn't follow the recipe quite perfectly, but they still turned out okay. Erik likes them. But they're fallen apart. The grains were all loose and separate in the pot.

God, I'll be glad when the jackhammer part is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home