dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, August 23, 2007

travels with Erik

Tuesday I saw my best friend E in Santa Barbara. We went out to Indian food for lunch, went to Park park to look at plants and turtles, went to Goleta beach for a walk on the pier, and talked at her place. I taught her two of the games Erik and I like to play: situation game and five things.

Then Erik and I got dinner at La Superica and ate it at Goleta Beach. It was delicious. We came home to my parents' house and watched the rest of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which I enjoyed.

Wednesday we drove home to Sacramento, stopping in Santa Cruz for lunch and a trip to their fabulous grocery store Staff of Life. When we got to Sacramento, it was 97, and I didn't appreciate the heat.

Today we needed to leave the house before seven because we needed to get the car off the street because of some construction, only the construction didn't happen, so we didn't need to move the car at all, but we followed through with our day's plan anyway. We went to the park and took a walk then headed to county pharmacy to pick up some refills. Then we went to Berkeley so I could copy the new zine. Also, we went to Acme for bread, had lunch at House of Curries, browsed at Cody's, and walked the pier there. It was very windy. Then we hunted for a nearby park and found a mini one called Horseshoe park. We wanted to write, but it was too windy to do anything but sit on a bench and look at boats.

Back in Sacramento, it's 98 degrees now. Again, I don't appreciate the heat and vow to move away before next summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home