dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

the trip, errands, ice cream

Erik and I had a nice weekend away. Everyone was kind to me, I got to spend time with my parents, brother, nieces, and nephew. I got to see a loved aunt and my best friend E. Delicious meals were consumed. We went to Avila Barn to visit with goats and other animals, including a cow who ate whole corncobs from my hand.

Home again, this morning I got lots done. I had my permanent crown put on, so now I'm a queen forever, and my dental work is entirely finished. I got medication refills. Erik deposited checks while I did that. We dropped off the car at the mechanic. We went to Baskin Robbins so I could get my free ice cream scoop of the year. I chose butter pecan. It was fun to eat ice cream in front of Whole Foods. Erik looked at the newspapers while I went inside to check whether our favorite brand of scones, Sconehenge, had shortbread in today--it did not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home