dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

new friend

Yesterday I met my new friend H. We went to a coffeehouse in Sacramento called Temple. Next time I'm planning to loan her some Lynda Barry comics and something by Virginia Woolf, probably To the Lighthouse.

Learning about a new person is kind of daunting. Just getting used to a new person's facial expressions and ways of moving--it's a lot to do. She and I have been talking through email for months, so I already know her textually.

Lately I have been under so much stress that my neck hurts in ways it has never hurt before. Last night I dreamt I went to the chiropractor (something I have never done in real life), and he was teaching me a happy song, only I didn't find it so happy. One of the verses was about catching a fish with his son, and I just couldn't relate.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home